Cousin Bait: Leon Philip Smith and Catherine Dague

I'm looking for information on Leon Philip Smith and Catherine Dague as well as their children. My genealogical connection is to their son Andrew Nelson Smith who is my second great-grandfather.

Andrew Nelson Smith had two wives. The first is Emmeline "Emma" Ward of Michigan and the second is Mary E (possibly Smith as well) of Ohio. I some information about Andrew and his children. I have some information about Andrew's parents Philip Smith hand Catherine Dague. I would like to learn more about my third great-grandparents and their children.

Here's what I know:

Leon Philip Smith
born 26 Feb 1834 in Amlin, Franklin, Ohio
died 25 Aug 1916 in Columbus, Franklin, Ohio

married first wife on 11 May 1852 in Amlin, Franklin, Ohio

Catherine Dague
born 11 Feb 1832 in Washington County, Pennsylvania
died 12 Feb 1859 in Franklin County, Ohio

Philip and Catherine Smith had the following children in Franklin County, Ohio:

Smith (1853 - 1853), a daughter

Andrew Nelson Smith (4 Oct 1855 - 20 Jun 1933)

Charles Allen Smith (4 Aug 1858 - 29 May 1944)


married second wife about 1860 in Amlin, Franklin, Ohio

Mary E (possibly Smith)

born about 1834 in Washington County, Pennsylvania
died 7 Feb 1889 in Columbus, Franklin, Ohio

Philip and Mary had the following children in Franklin County, Ohio:

Dr. McKendree C Smith (27 Dec 1862 - 27 Mar 1928)

Orlando M Smith (11 Mar 1865 - 26 Apr 1928)

Louella Smith (21 Sep 1868 - 2 Apr 1929)

Again, these folks are my 3rd great grandparents and their children. I'm would love to know more about their history, and potentially find photos. Perhaps someone will be searching for the Dague or Smith ancestors and land on this blog. Perhaps the distant relative will be inspired to connect with me after reading this post.

I do have information on Andrew Nelson Smith and Emmeline Ward's children Lura Maud and Earl that I am happy to share.

I am throwing this fishing line in the water in hopes of learning more about my heritage and fill in the gaps on my family tree.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day Lura Long

Mystery Monday: Which Karlsberger married Charles Stahl?

Joseph Geissler: Coming to America