Patience for a Civil War Pension File

Okay... so $80 and 120 days are the price to hopefully obtain a Civil War Pension file for my Grandpa Lew's maternal grandfather William Townsend. I am HOPING beyond hope that there will be clues to my 2nd Great Grandfather Townsend. He is a family history brick wall of great proportions. Many genealogy sites say some nuggets are bound to be in the file. Fingers crossed and all that.

Unfortunately, this is a lesson in PATIENCE. And despite the fact that my genealogy website is named A Patient Genealogist, it's more a satirical title. When I want to know something, I'm FAR from patient. Once I hear something, I'll let you know.

Comments

  1. I am with you mate, don't feel upset. It is the way world moves ahead. Civil war pension should be treated with utmost care.

    annuity comparisons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James. I'm excited. And I'm hoping that treasures will be found.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mystery Monday: Which Karlsberger married Charles Stahl?

Happy Mother's Day Lura Long

Joseph Geissler: Coming to America