Tombstone Tuesday... 500 Gravestone photos

When I went to Ohio last week, I visited some cemeteries where I knew my family members were buried. While at most cemeteries, I took additional pictures in hopes that they were needed on Find-A-Grave.com. I've uploaded about 50 new photos to the website and added 14 names that were previously not in the database. That has been so exciting.

Uriah Lytle (1864 - 1951)
Green Lawn Cemetery, Columbus, Ohio
Section 75
I took this photo because a blogger I follow is search Lytle's. I don't know if this
person belongs in their family. However, it was fun to think he might be.


Thus far, I've not been able to fulfill a 'Photo Request' with the photos I've uploaded. However, I have an additional 500+ photos to add to the website. They might not all be needed, per se. But if I've made even half of those additional photos available for a researcher, then I know the extra time was well spent. In the process, I'll be able to post my family member's grave markers as well. Fabulous Stuff!!!

I can't thank Amy O'Neal at the Gravestoned blog enough for all of her valuable tips. I feel the trip was a success, even if I forgot to be careful about my reflection showing up in the highly reflective markers. However, all is not lost. I've been able to use a clone brush in Paint Shop Pro to take me out of most photos. Yeah!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day Lura Long

Mystery Monday: Which Karlsberger married Charles Stahl?

Joseph Geissler: Coming to America