Future Research: Browns in Perry County Ohio

Artifact found in Emma Brown's Bible
I have encountered a family by the last name of Brown from Perry County on occasion during my research. The parents are William Brown and the wife is Mary Ann Fickle. They have nine known children. Two of their children were deaf, Moses and Ferdinand Brown. In 1880 they lived with their sister Mary Brown beside my second great-grandfather Samuel Curtis Brown (b 1821 – d 1900). I've often been told to investigate neighbors because they could be relatives.

I know that The Brown siblings who lived next-door to Samuel Brown were the first cousins of his wife Martha Gordon through her mother Jane Fickle Gordon. Jane and Mary Ann were sisters. What I do not know is whether William Brown (b 1815 in Baltimore, Maryland) is related to Samuel Curtis Brown (b 1821 in Baltimore, Maryland).

I do not know the names of William or Samuel's father. Could they be brothers? Could they be cousins? Could they just have a popular name and birth dates so close together from the same place in Maryland that they only appear to be related.

There is a book entitled Brown Family Research held by the Perry County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society. I contacted the Perry County group and was told that many of the items in their genealogical collection are rare, frail or one-of-a-kind researches / books, etc. Thus, they do not offer inter-library loans.

Bummer!

They recommended an active member of their organization who works on the family name Brown in Perry County. I'm going to see what she knows. It's worth a shot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day Lura Long

Mystery Monday: Which Karlsberger married Charles Stahl?

Joseph Geissler: Coming to America