Cousin Bait: Christian Christopher Hoppe and Anna Margaretha Kalsberger

I'm looking for information on Christian Christopher Hoppe Sr and Anna Margaretha Kalsberger as well as their children. My genealogical connection is they are my third great-grandparents through their daughter Marguerita Magdalena Hoppe.

Maggie Hoppe was close to her siblings but they died in their early adult years.

I have some vital and census information about Christoph Hoppe and Anna Margreta (who had been referrened to as Margareta Culp before). I would really like to learn more about their lives, which is why I'm casting this fishing line.

Here's what I know:

Christan Christopher Hoppe, Sr
born 14 May 1818 Hannover, Preußen
died 15 Feb 1881 Columbus, Franklin, Ohio

married on 12 Apr 1859 in Franklin County, Ohio

Anna Margaretha Kalsberger (or Karlsberger)
born 29 Feb 1824 Bavaria
immigrated in 1857 to the United States
died 6 Jul 1911 in Marion, Franklin, Ohio

Christian Hoppe and Anna Margaretha Kalsberger had the following children:

Christian Christopher Hoppe, Jr (16 Aug 1859 - 11 Jan 1900)

Marguerita Magdalena Hoppe (4 Apr 1861 - 3 Feb 1921)

Anna Margaretha Hoppe (22 Jan 1869 - 11 Jul 1896)


Again, these folks are my 3rd great grandparents and their children. I would love to know more about their history, and potentially find photos. Perhaps someone will be searching for the Peak ancestors and land on this blog. Perhaps the distant relative will be inspired to connect with me after reading this post.

I do have information some photos of Anna Kalsberger and her children to share.

I am throwing this fishing line in the water in hopes of learning more about my heritage and fill in the gaps on my family tree.

Comments

  1. my name is Bill White my grandmother Clara Elizabeth Karlsberger (White)
    her father Charles her grandfather Conrad who i believe was Anna margeretha's brother.
    Tophatbill@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are related! Charles Karlsberger was the brother of my Great Grandfather, Jacob Karlsberger. I am also having trouble with finding out who Anna Margareta was.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day Lura Long

Mystery Monday: Which Karlsberger married Charles Stahl?

Joseph Geissler: Coming to America