Tombstone Tuesday: Martha Boyd Townley found

Find a Grave Rocks! Another success for my family. This time on my father's line for the Townley family which I know very little about.

Martha Boyd Townley, Spring Grove Cemetery


For some people, they might wonder why I get so excited about non-blood relatives. The answer is, all relatives are important. And, collateral lines help tell the story of my family (and provide clues when needed). So... Martha Townley (nee Boyd), is not a blood relative but she is important to me.

 Here's the line:

Me -> Dad -> Robert Paul Geiszler  -> Evaline Townley Geiszler (nee Peak) -> Evaline Peak (nee Townley) -> brother of Evaline, John Richard Townley -> wife of John Richard, Martha Townley (nee Boyd)

So Martha is a grand aunt a few generations back. My great grandmother Evaline Peak (nee Townley) welcomed any Townley visitors who would travel to Columbus. It is believed that few did, so the "Townley's of Cincinnati" were 'over there' in the family stories. Too bad. I really want to know more.

But a wonderful volunteer brought an image of a gravestone to me. Yippee!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day Lura Long

Mystery Monday: Which Karlsberger married Charles Stahl?

Joseph Geissler: Coming to America