Amanuensis Monday: Declaration of Naturalization for George Gessler

Here is another 'non-family' transcriptions of naturalization records that I found while searching Franklin County, Ohio. Records. I hope someone might find their relative amongst my research.

I don't know who George Gessler is. I have been searching for clues to when my 3rd great-grandfather Joseph Geisßer came to America. Gessler looks a lot like Geißler. More so than last week's Gessener. George is also from Baden, Joseph is from. Is this Joseph? Is this a relative of Joseph's. I don't know but I hope to find out so I can add George to my family or rule the theory as invalid.

Declaration of Intention.
Court of Common Pleas, Franklin County Ohio.





The State of Ohio, Franklin County, SS

Be it remembered that on the 8th day of May of the year eighteen hundred and fifty-five, PERSONALLY APPEARED before me ALBERT B BUTTLES, Clerk of the Court of Common Pleas, within and for said County and State, George Gessler an Alien, a native of Baden who being duly sworn according to law, on his oath doth declare and say that it is bona fide his intention to become a citizen of the United States, and to renounce forever all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign Prince, Potentate, State, or Sovereignty, whatever and more particularly all allegiance and fidelity to the Grand Duke of Baden whose subject he is.

Attest: A B Buttles, Clerk

(I also like how Bavaria is also crossed out. I find that interesting.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day Lura Long

Mystery Monday: Which Karlsberger married Charles Stahl?

Joseph Geissler: Coming to America