Amanuensis Monday: Declaration of Intention, William Webb

Here is another 'non-family' transcriptions of naturalization records that I found while searching for Franklin County, Ohio. Records. I hope someone might find their relative amongst my research.

William Webb is the father of my 2nd great-grandfather Andrew Nelson Smith's second wife Mary Etta Webb (1861 - 1939). I visit Mary Etta's gravestone whenever I visit my grandparents Lewis and Louise Brown in the Green Lawn Cemetery. I attempted to find William's gravestone in Green Lawn Cemetery but found no marker.

I love seeing the name of the actual ruler on this Declaration. Other records I've found just gave the title of the presiding ruler. On this one, it says Victoria, Queen of Great Britain and England. That's a wonderful piece of history.

Declaration of Intention.
Court of Common Pleas, Franklin County Ohio.
The State of Ohio, Franklin County, SS

Be it remembered that on the 11th day of April of the year eighteen hundred and fifty-six, PERSONALLY APPEARED before me ALBERT B BUTTLES, Clerk of the Court of Common Pleas, within and for said County and State, William Webb an Alien, a native of England who being duly sworn according to law, on his oath doth declare and say that it is bona fide his intention to become a citizen of the United States, and to renounce forever all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign Prince, Potentate, State, or Sovereignty, whatever and more particularly all allegiance and fidelity to the Victoria, Queen of Great Britain and England whose subject he is.

Attest: A B Buttles, Clerk 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day Lura Long

Joseph Geissler: Coming to America

Mystery Monday: Which Karlsberger married Charles Stahl?