Someone Found Ida's Stone!

Hooray! Someone found Ida's gravestone.



Ida Jane Townsend is the daughter of William Townsend and Mary Claybaugh (or Clabaugh) of Franklin County, Ohio. William is the focus of my One Name Place study and I wrote about Ida not being in the family home in the 1880 US census. She was in the home of Edward and his wife Louisa who I believe to be her father's brother and sister-in-law.

Ida married Lawrence (or Loren) Sandborn in 1885 and she lived in Columbus, Ohio for the remainder of her life. She had 5 children with Lawrence Sanborn before he is believed to have died around 1907 (if not earlier, a date is unknown at this time). She lived until 1941.

All of this information I have known, but when I visited the Obetz Cemetery in 2012, I could not find the stone. At that time, the cemetery stone location process was very disorganized. A volunteer at FindAGrave did photograph the stone. The only thing I would wish is for more angles of this upright stone. That's just me. I love lots of views of the same vertical stone (including transcription only and plot so I find the stone based on surrounding stones at a later date).


Beggars can't be choosers so I am very excited to see what Ida's stone looks like. Hooray for volunteers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day Lura Long

Joseph Geissler: Coming to America

Mystery Monday: Which Karlsberger married Charles Stahl?