Thankful Thursday: Find A Grave Successes

Woo-hoo! I love when a receive an email that says " Find A Grave Photo Request: Success!" I'm going to share a few that I've recently received:

Patty did a GREAT job photographing the gravemarkers for Michael Carrington Geisler and his second wife Sarah Jane Drew.

Gravemarker for Michael Geisler and his wife Jane by Patty
Obetz Cemetery, Franklin County, Ohio


Michael Geisler was born Nov. 20, 1830, in Bavaria and died Oct. 1, 1920, in Franklin County, Ohio. His wife Jane (interestingly both were on their second marriage when they wed). Jane was born May 12, 1841, in Ireland and died Mar. 5, 1928 in Franklin County, Ohio.



Patty took a second picture showing the top of the stone. Kudos to you for photographing multiple angles! I wonder if the little white stones that say father and mother behind the large monument belong to this plot or another. Hmmm...

Rev. M I Comfort buried in the Bear Creek Cemetery in
 Drexel, Ohio. Photo by Janie Fletcher


Next, Janie Fletcher fulfilled my photo request for Reverend Merrit Ithamer Comfort.  Merrit born Aug. 28, 1866, in Lincoln County, Ontario, Canada and died May 2, 1944, in Vandalia, Montgomery County, Ohio. He is the son of my third great grandfather (and 2nd cousin 6 times removed) Ithamer Comfort and his wife Susannah Moote.

Merrit is buried in Bear Creek Cemetery in Drexel, Montgomery, Ohio. I'll be honest. I don't think I'll ever get to Montgomery when there is so much research to do in Franklin County and then in Canada. So, THANK YOU, Janie!

Thank you, ladies, for your work. I appreciate it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day Lura Long

Joseph Geissler: Coming to America

Mystery Monday: Which Karlsberger married Charles Stahl?