Tombstone Tuesday: Take to to write down the inscription



Photo by Devon Lee
Ellen S Hemler
Green Lawn Cemetery
Find A Grave Memorial # 70003900

I think this stone is rather fascinating for several reasons. First, I wonder what the top graphic is above Ellen's name. Is it a letter T or a letter I? It is something completely different. Why would this be there?

I love that there is a death date given and the age at the time of death is given in years and days. If you need a calculator to determine the birth date from the death date, try this Birth Date Calculator.

However, what I really like about this stone is the painful lesson it taught me. Slow down enough to write down the inscriptions that are on the tombstones. You won't always be able to read the inscription on your photograph when you get back to your computer. Point taken and hopefully, lesson learned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Geissler: Coming to America

Happy Mother's Day Lura Long

Mystery Monday: Which Karlsberger married Charles Stahl?