Journey to the Past: Green Lawn Cemetery Section 74

After going to Sect 113 and finding quick success, I was headed off to my next stop. Unfortunately the map I had for Section 93 had small, blurry plot numbers. I would have to go into the office after they opened to get help findings those persons I sought. I'll admit that I should have prepared for this prior to my visit. However, I didn't mind as I was going to be at the cemetery all day.

Green Lawn Cemetery, Columbus, Ohio
Section 74
Click for Larger Photo


In any case, I headed over to Section 74. I hoped to find Frederick GERLACHER (1859-1941) and his wife Wilhemina GERLACHER (1859-1916). The Gerlacher's are the parents of my father's grand uncle William Richard PEAK's (1895-1969) wife Clara GERLACHER (1896-1976). I didn't 'have' to do their stone, but I love to complete the stories of aunts and uncles that marry into my various family lines.

The section map was easy to understand but I was still having difficulty finding the stones. I saw huge plants where the markers were supposed to be. Upon closer inspection, I saw that someone had placed some plants around the markers. They had overgrown and covered up the stones. Thankfully, I had a pair of gardening scissors to scale back the plants and uncover the stones.

Frederick G Gerlacher, 1859 - 1941
Green Lawn Cemetery, Section 74
Find A Grave Memorial #51614645

Wilhelmina Gerlacher, 1858 - 1916
Green Lawn Cemetery, Section 74
Find A Grave Memorial #10769115

 In a few minutes time, I had taken the couple's grave stone pictures as well as twenty three others. My photo total was up to 100 total photos between the two days. On to the next section...


This is another installment in a lengthy multi-series post about the fantastic research trip I took to Columbus, Franklin County, Ohio. If you're just joining the this series, you'll be able to see every post under the label Research Trip.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day Lura Long

Mystery Monday: Which Karlsberger married Charles Stahl?

Joseph Geissler: Coming to America