Journey to the Past: Green Lawn Cemetery Section V


I was so excited to be going to Section V. In Section V, I hoped to find my Hoppe relatives. My 3rd great-grandmother Magdalena Geiszler's maiden name was Hoppe. I should find her parents Christian HOPPE (1818 – 1881), her mother Anna M Karlsberger HOPPE (1824-1911) and her brother Christopher Hoppe (1859 – 1900). 

Section V's map didn't seem difficult to understand. The plot should be right near the road. I went up and down the side of section V twice before I saw the plot. 

Green Lawn Cemetery, Columbus, Ohio
Section V, oriented for North
Click on image for larger view.

The plot only had one small stone... Christ Hoppe (the son/brother). I posted about how sad this was in an earlier post The Sadness of an Unmarked Grave. However, I hopped out of the car with all my gear, photo graphed the family plot and Christ's stone. And took 39 additional photos and moved on. (Total thus far 152 useable photos)

Anna M Hoppe Plot in Section V
Green Lawn Cemetery, Columbus, Ohio
Anna's son's stone is in the foreground
.


This is another installment in a lengthy multi-series post about the fantastic research trip I took to Columbus, Franklin County, Ohio. If you're just joining the this series, you'll be able to see every post under the label Research Trip.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day Lura Long

Mystery Monday: Which Karlsberger married Charles Stahl?

Joseph Geissler: Coming to America