Journey to the Past: Green Lawn Cemetery Section 112


SECTION 30 again....

I had absolutely no luck finding Leslie Akison's stone after walking the section twice. Perhaps there is no stone. Perhaps I needed reference points. Perhaps there is a stone but it's so faded that it's hard to read. Since his stone is giving me fits to find, I'm moving on. Someone else will have to confirm whether there is a stone or not.

Section P again....

Section P was hard to swallow. I had hoped to find my 3rdGreat-Grandfather Charles GORDON in this section. He's buried on his sons-in-law's plot. Their names should be easy to find. I had orientation markers to help me find the plot. When I got there, the tears returned. No stones, for any of the family members. Perhaps I should have photographed the empty plot, which I absolutely knew was theirs, but I just needed to wipe the tears and move on.

Section L again....

Although section L held the father of my great-grandfather's second wife, finding another location without a headstone was wearing out my emotions. I had to move on to something were I would find success

Green Lawn Cemetery, Columbus, Ohio
Map of Section 112, oriented to north
Click for larger view

SECTION 112


Ahhh!!! Section 112. Although I'm really branching far into the Gerlacher family even though I'm not directly related to them, after going to Clara Gerlacher Peak's plot it was cool to visit her uncle Frederick GERLACHER's (1896-1969). For one thing, I FOUND a stone. For another, it was large and easy to spot from the road. And, it was in the shade. That's the aahhh, that started this notation.

Larger Marker for Frederick Gerlacher
Section 112
Green Lawn Cemetery, Columbus, Ohio
Fred Gerlacher 1897 - 1969
Section 112
Green Lawn Cemetery, Columbus, Ohio
Find A Grave Memorial #
74322778

I didn't take too many photos as it was getting late in the afternoon. The heat was really getting to me and I had so many more sections to visit. I only took 6 photos in this section. Grand total 281 useable photos.
This is another installment in a lengthy multi-series post about the fantastic research trip I took to Columbus, Franklin County, Ohio. If you're just joining the this series, you'll be able to see every post under the label Research Trip.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day Lura Long

Mystery Monday: Which Karlsberger married Charles Stahl?

Joseph Geissler: Coming to America