Journey to the Past: Green Lawn Cemetery Section 47


After the disappointments of finding no stones, I was hoping to continue the roll that started in section 112. Section 47 was well laid out and the map was easy to understand.

Green Lawn Cemetery, Columbus, Ohio
Map of Section 47
Click for Larger View


In section 47, I found Spencer Columbus RANCK (1877-1961) . He is the son of my great-great aunt Elizabeth Jane Brown RANCK (1850-1900). I've liked that name Spencer Columbus and his father's Jefferson Babcock. They are names that stand out and when I come across them, I know they are my family members. In any case, Spencer and his wife Marie A SHIMPF's stones were easy to find. I snapped 9 photos and moved on. Grand total of 290 useable.

Spencer C Ranck, 1877 - 1961
Section 47
Green Lawn Cemetery, Columbus, Franklin, Ohio
Find A Grave  Memorial #
46154782

This is another installment in a lengthy multi-series post about the fantastic research trip I took to Columbus, Franklin County, Ohio. If you're just joining the this series, you'll be able to see every post under the label Research Trip.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day Lura Long

Mystery Monday: Which Karlsberger married Charles Stahl?

Joseph Geissler: Coming to America