Journey to the Past: Green Lawn Cemetery Section 62

If you've read this entire series thus far, you're probably wondering when it will ever end. I mean, how much can someone write about their adventures in a cemetery. Well, when the cemetery is as large as Green Lawn and you spend an entire day there, you have covered a lot of ground. Or I just write more than I should. Some say I have the gift of gab as well. Oh well, I promise that this post and the one that follows are the last two specifically about my adventures in Green Lawn Cemetery on May  21st, which happened to be one of my grandmother's birthdays. (I mean, my Grandma Louise had two birthdays).

I have previously discussed Samuel B BARTON (1853-1929). He's not a an ancestor in any direct way. However, he was a mentor to my great grandfather George Joseph Geizler (who I visited first). He was so connected with my great grandfather's family that a) George and Evaline named their first son George Barton Geiszler in honor of Samuel who never had any children and b) Evaline signed Samuel's death certificate and provided all of the necessary family information about him. Additionally, Evaline recorded Samuel's death in her family bible.


Samuel and his second wife Caroline Margaret BERGNER (1876 - 1920) were beside Caroline's parents. I snapped 16 photos and moved on. Grand total 327.

This is another installment in a lengthy multi-series post about the fantastic research trip I took to Columbus, Franklin County, Ohio. If you're just joining the this series, you'll be able to see every post under the label Research Trip.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day Lura Long

Mystery Monday: Which Karlsberger married Charles Stahl?

Joseph Geissler: Coming to America